Your privacy is important
“We”, “us”, “our” and “Print Pros” means Print Pros ABN
This Policy describes how we comply with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the privacy or data protection laws of other jurisdictions where we operate.
We may amend this Policy at any time by posting the updated version on our website.
Print Pros is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites that are linked to this website via hyperlinks, banner advertising or otherwise.
What information do we collect?
Generally, the information we collect about customers includes your name, home or work address, delivery address, phone number, payment, credit and billing information, and e-mail addresses. We also collect demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your postcode, age, gender and shopping preferences, interests and favourites. When you visit our websites, we may also collect information about your computer, including your IP address.
We also collect information about your use of our website using cookies. You can choose to decline cookies, but if you do so, you may not be able to fully experience our online interactive features.
We may also collect additional information about customers, including purchase history, location and preferences,
We also collect information about:
- suppliers and their employees (including business name and address, contact details, and employee names, birthdates, addresses and working conditions (including hours and salaries); and
- potential employees (including names, addresses, contact details, employment and academic histories and the names of their referees).
Ordinarily, customers can purchase goods from us without disclosing personal information, but in this situation we may not be able to provide you with the full range of services available.
How we collect and hold information
Where it is reasonable and practicable to do so, we collect your personal information from you directly when you purchase products or services from us, or enter into arrangements with us, provide feedback/complaints to us or register your details with us or one of our business partners. Depending on the product or service we provide to you, we may collect your personal information from third parties. Information about suppliers’ employees is usually collected from the supplier. Information about potential employees is usually collected during the recruitment process.
We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your personal information is stored on password protected servers located in access controlled secure locations.
Why we collect and how we use information
We collect and use your information to:
- sell, hire, deliver, administer, improve and personalise our products and services;
- source products for sale, transport products and ensure our suppliers are compliant with our ethical sourcing policy and applicable labour laws and standards;
- process payments and to deal with your feedback or complaints and provide refunds and discounts;
- better understand our customers’ requirements and preferences, conduct product and market research, personalise and improve our service and to provide offers that are of greater interest or benefit to you;
- to communicate with you and to operate the customer service centre;
- undertake and administer promotions, competitions, in-store events, marketing activities, direct marketing, database compilation, analysis of trends and demographics and other marketing or promotional activities;
- manage our stores, supply arrangements and inventory and administer our websites;
- protect against fraud and theft;
- complete other transactions with you or on your behalf;
- recruit and assess future employees; and
- maintain and update our records.
From time to time, we may also use your personal information to send you targeted news, offers and promotions of our products and services. If you do not wish to receive these communications you can opt-out by contacting us at the address listed below.
How we disclose your information
We will only disclose information about you to third parties if required by law or legal process, to our advisers or to companies who are responsible for parts of our service delivery – including to other companies and third party fulfilment centres.
We may occasionally transfer your personal information, credit information (and credit eligibility information) to organisations located overseas, for example where:
- we use service providers based overseas;
- you have requested a product or service that involves an international element;
- we need to comply with foreign legal or regulatory requirements; or
- an international payment has been made.
We require overseas recipients to use personal information only for the purpose provided and to implement strict confidentiality and data protection arrangements. Your information may also be stored on computer servers located outside of Australia. Any offshore disclosures will be to entities located in the United States of America and the Asia Pacific region (including but not limited to China, India, Bangladesh, Singapore, Vietnam and Hong Kong).
In special circumstances – for example, if we were to sell our business or part of our business – your information may be transferred to potential purchasers and their advisers as part of that sale. From time to time, we may provide aggregated and de-identified information to other business partners for various purposes.
Accessing and correcting your information and questions
You can request access to your information or that your information be corrected by contacting us at the address below.
If you have a question about this Policy or wish to make a complaint about the way we have collected, used, held or disclosed your personal information, please contact us at the address below. We may need to contact you for further details.
If you wish to make a formal complaint, please make your complaint in writing to our Customer Relations Executive. We will consider your complaint promptly and contact you to seek to resolve the matter. If we have not responded to you within a reasonable time, you are entitled under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Customer Relations Executive
Print Pros Customer Service
4 Beach Ave,
Mordialloc VIC 3195
Email (to complain or access or correct information): email@example.com
Email (to unsubscribe): firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: Free Call 1800 109 714
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
Last updated: January 2015